off Harrow Manor Way, Thamesmead, London
As part of our commitment to help women to blossom and realise their full potential, we are organising a Public Speaking training event for women of all ages on the 18th of May. This workshop will teach practical tips and techniques that will help anyone to speak with clarity, confidence and control.
Whatever your level of experience, this workshop will improve your skills for handling some of the most difficult and nerve-wracking situations, such as interviews, presentations, team meetings and conferences. You will also be able to sell your skills and services effectively to clients, employers & others.
During this interactive and supportive workshop you will learn how to:
- Manage your fears, limiting beliefs and nerves around speaking
- How you can effectively use vocal, verbal and visual techniques to engage any audience
- Understand how to create good content for a presentation
- Understand the importance of verbal and non-verbal delivery skills in making an impact
- Show how structure is vital to keeping audience attention and gaining clarity around your key message
- Understand what nerves are and learn tips to control them
- Learn a model for giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Learn how to write and deliver a short speech
Most importantly you will gain confidence in your own speaking ability and receive professional feedback. Effective communication is such a vital skill to develop as it impacts every area of your life; therefore this public speaking workshop is a great way to help people step out of their comfort zone. It will also give you an opportunity to practise public speaking in a safe environment.
This workshop will be delivered to a closed group of up to 15 participants. Our trainer is Elaine Powell who is a top public speaking trainer at Speakers Trust; a UK’s leading public speaking training organisation. She is also an engaging speaker who has trained over 5000 people and competed in numerous speaking competitions. Please click here to view Elaine’s profile.
Date: Saturday, May 18 2013
Time: 11.30am to 3.00pm
Venue: The Link Thamesmead, Belvedere road, off Harrow Manor Way, Thamesmead, London, SE2 9BS
To register, please click here