How would you feel if you had to stand up in front of an audience and speak? For most people the very thought of it fills them with dread. Here are top tips for speaking with confidence. Why not try them out yourself the next time you have to speak out?
- Be yourself
- Make eye contact
- Structure your speech – have a clear introduction, middle and conclusion
- Pace yourself and use pauses
- Elevate the volume of your voice
- Use expressive body language – make gestures
- Keep it simple – stick to one subject and make three points
- Be enthusiastic
- Speak from your heart and make it relatable by adding a personal story.
The final tip would be to practice. The world needs people that can make a difference…with little practice; YOU can be one of them.